Thursday, April 9, 2015

April 2015 Speaking Engagements

After a very busy February and March, things have been a bit quieter for me in April. I spoke at a corporate event earlier this month, and I have one event scheduled next week.

Thursday, April 16th
Central California .NET User Group
Fresno, CA
Meetup Link
Topic: Unit Testing the Smart Way

Unit testing is a key tool in my toolbox. There was a time when I thought I was doing just fine without it. I was wrong. After I started testing regularly, I found that I was coding more confidently, and I am able to code faster than I did before.

Along the way, I've been experimenting with different techniques and trying out new tools. In this session, we'll take a look at Test-Driven Development (TDD) and use Conway's Game of Life as an easy way to get started. We'll look at MS Test (which is included with all editions of Visual Studio) and also NUnit (which is free and easy to get through NuGet). Finally, we'll take a look at a new tool coming with Visual Studio 2015: Smart Unit Tests. We'll be using a preview version, but the release version will be headed our way soon.

If you're in the central valley, be sure to stop by. If not, and you'd like me to come to your event, just drop me a note. I love going out to new places and meeting new developers.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment