Sunday, May 29, 2016

June 2016 Speaking Engagements

June is set to be a pretty busy month. Everything coming up is brand new to me, so I'm looking forward to new places, new people, and new experiences.

Monday - Friday, June 6 - 10, 2016
NDC Oslo
Oslo, Norway
Conference Site (hey, look, I'm on the front page)
My Speaker Page
o Becoming a Social Developer
o Learn the Lingo: Design Patterns

I'm really looking forward to NDC Oslo. First, Oslo! Second, I've heard really great things about this conference from both attendees and speakers. Third, I get to talk for a full session about "Becoming a Social Developer". There will be a few familiar faces (which is nice), but there will be lots of new people to meet.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Irvine Programming Meetup
Irvine, CA
Meetup Link
o DI Why? Getting a Grip on Dependency Injection

This is a brand new group that started just last month. I love to see the developer community expand, and I'm looking forward to talking to a new group of folks. Plus, I get to talk about one of my favorite topics: dependency injection.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Kansas City .NET User Group
Mission, KS
Meetup Link
o Unit Testing Makes Me Faster: Convincing Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, and Yourself

I love talking about unit testing -- it's been a huge help to me as a developer. This will be my first time talking in Kansas, and I'm looking forward to speaking in a new venue and meeting a bunch of new people.

Wednesday - Friday, June 22 - 24, 2016
KC/DC 2016
Kansas City, MO
Conference Site
My Speaker Page
o I'll Get Back to You: Task, Await, and Asynchronous Methods
o IEnumerable, ISaveable, IDontGetIt: Understanding .NET Interfaces

I've heard some really great things about KC/DC, and I'm really looking forward to my first opportunity to speak and attend. This will be my first time speaking in Missouri, and I'm looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and a lot of new ones.

A Look Back
I had a great time speaking at Agile San Diego a few weeks ago. We got some great conversations going about the benefits of unit testing. And it was great to interact with folks who had roles other than developer.

A couple weeks back, I went to Visual Studio LIVE! in Austin, TX. I had a really great time. As usual, I managed to meet lots of great people, and it was really nice to keep running into the same folks over and over throughout the week. I started some good relationships with folks from around the country, and I expect that those relationships will continue.

I spoke on the last day of the conference, and I presented 3 sessions. It was a ton of fun, and I used pretty much all of my energy that day. But it was worth it. I got some good feedback from folks who found it useful.
Finally, I had a chance to give a multi-day workshop for a group of folks in San Diego. Take a look at the workshops that I currently have available, and feel free to contact me if you'd like to book one of these or a custom workshop for your team.

A Look Ahead
I've got some more exciting stuff coming up that isn't quite ready to announce, so stay tuned for that.

I'm also really excited to see that Desert Code Camp is coming back in October. This has been an awesome event in the past, and I've really missed it while it's been on hiatus. If you're in the southwest, be sure to hold the weekend. It will be well worth it.

Hopefully I'll see you at an upcoming event. If you see me, be sure to stop by and say "Hi!"

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment