Wednesday, October 5, 2016

October 2016 Speaking Engagements

October started out a bit busy, and things are going strong through the end of the month. Don't miss your chance to join me for a full-day workshop in Des Moines, IA. And feel free to contact me if you'd like me to bring a presentation or workshop to your company.

Saturday, October 8, 2016
Desert Code Camp
Chandler, AZ
Website
Topics:
o I'll Get Back to You: Task, Await, and Asynchronous Methods
o Clean Code: Homicidal Maniacs Read Code, Too!
o Unit Testing Makes Me Faster: Convincing Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, and Yourself

I'm really looking forward to heading back to the Desert Code Camp. It's been on hiatus for a couple years. I've had a great time there in the past, and it looks like it's coming back with a bang: lots of great sessions and speakers. It should be a lot of fun.

Thu-Sat, Oct 20-22, 2016
Dev Up
St. Charles, MO
Website
Topics:
o DI Why? Getting a Grip on Dependency Injection
o Learn the Lingo: Design Patterns

This will be my first time at Dev Up. I've heard some great things about this conference, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it this year. It will be my first time speaking in the St. Louis area, so I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of new people, too.

Wed-Fri, Oct 26-28, 2016
Prairie.Code()
Des Moines, IA
Website
Topics:
o Getting Better at C#: Interfaces and Dependency Injection - Full-Day Workshop
o Clean Code: Homicidal Maniacs Read Code, Too!
o Design Patterns: Not Just For Architects

This is a brand new conference in Des Moines. The good news is that it's being put on by the same organizers of the great Nebraska.Code(), so I'm looking forward to a great time. I'm happy to be part of the inaugural event, and it's sure to get better each year.

A Look Back
I've had a busy September, and it's been a great experience. I had a great time in Omaha at AIM hdc (you can read some more about the keynote I gave: "User Driven Development" at AIM hdc).

Keynote at AIM hdc
In addition, I went to the Silicon Valley for several events. First, I spoke at the SouthBay.NET user group in Mountain View:

Jeremy at SouthBay.NET
There was a good crowd, and there was quite a bit of interaction. I got to talk about asynchronous programming, and that always stimulates conversation as we try to better understand the hurdles we need to get over.

Then I did a full-day workshop as part of the Code Stars Summit:

Jeremy at Code Stars Summit
We had a small group, and that was really good for conversation. We were able to talk through problems and look at specific examples that related to situations that folks had faced in their own development.

Finally, I gave two presentations at the Silicon Valley Code Camp:

Jeremy talks Interfaces at Silicon Valley Code Camp

Jeremy chatting before starting a presentation on Asynchronous Programming
This is my 5th year at the Silicon Valley Code Camp. It's always a fun event with tons of people, tons of sessions (usually 20 choices during each time slot), and tons of interesting conversations. I was happy to be a part of it for another year.

I'm looking for more great events. It's a lot of time on the road, but it's been totally worth it.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment