Monday, August 28, 2017

Jeremy on Cross Cutting Concerns

While I was at Detroit.Code(), I had the chance to sit down with Matthew Groves (@mgroves & website) and talk a bit about unit testing. You can hear the conversation on Matthew's Cross Cutting Concerns podcast.

Cross Cutting Concerns:
Jeremy Clark Convincing Your Boss on Unit Testing


We recorded this right after I did my talk "Unit Testing Makes Me Faster: Convincing Your Boss, Your Co-Workers, and Yourself". It's a great talk that I love to do, but I wish that I didn't need to convince people that unit testing is a good idea.


The problem is that many developers have had bad experiences with ineffective and/or useless tests. If you don't get the benefit, then it really is a waste of time. But when we take a closer look at what constitutes good tests, we find that they can make us more effective, efficient, and even faster.

Be sure to check out my upcoming events where you can see this talk in person. The next time will be a Visual Studio Live Chicago in mid-September. Feel free to contact me if you'd like me to come out to your company, developer event, or conference and help your group see the advantages of testing.

And if you'd like a deeper dive, I offer a full-day workshop to get developers started with good unit testing practices.

Happy Coding!

No comments:

Post a Comment